Recovery software for corrupted .rar files
Recovery Toolbox for RAR (download) helps to extract files from corrupted WinRAR archives. Recovery Toolbox for RAR is designed to recover information from corrupted archives of the RAR format. You can use it to completely avoid or at least minimize losses due to compressed data.
Recovery Toolbox for RAR works in the following way:
- It scans and analyzes the corrupted archive and extracts all the information it can draw from the WinRAR archive.
- Recovery Toolbox for RAR displays a final list of files and folders on the screen.
- You can view this list and select only the objects you need to save. Please note that Recovery Toolbox for RAR may recover some files incorrectly, or it may fail to recover some files at all. It depends on how heavily the archive is corrupted.
- Recovery Toolbox for RAR saves a selected file on the hard disk.
Recovery Toolbox for RAR helps fix the following errors:
- The archive is either in an unknown format or is damaged.
- The header of the .rar file is corrupt.
- CRC failed in the file name. The file is corrupt.
- Packed data CRC failed in volume name. The volume is corrupt.
- Unknown method in filename.
- The .rar header is corrupt.
Extracted files and folders are saved to the specified location, after which they become available for use. It's also important that the source archive isn't modified in any way, because the RAR recover program only reads data from it.
How to recover the RAR file?
Recovery Toolbox for RAR offers an array of imbedded features. For example, i supports all existing variants of the RAR compression format, including files created with archiving software versions 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x and 5.x with different compression rates. Additionally, Recovery Toolbox for RAR does the following:
- It recovers information from corrupted password-protected archives in the RAR format. (The customer should type in the password manually.)
- It recovers information from corrupted files in the RAR format larger than 4GB.
- It recovers information from archives in the RAR format stored on corrupted media (floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, Zip drives, etc.).
Ease of use is one of the ways Recovery Toolbox for RAR differs from other software. The interface of the RAR recovery tool is implemented as a step-by-step wizard, and each step requires just one operation. To recover information from a corrupted RAR archive, the file recovery .rar tool does its job with just a few clicks. Anyone can use Recovery Toolbox for RAR, even a person who is new to PCs.
How to extract corrupted RAR files?
Recovery Toolbox for RAR can also be used as a .rar checker or extraction software for corrupt .rar data. You can extract corrupt .rar files with just a few clicks.
Warning: Recovery Toolbox for RAR is a shareware tool for WinRAR repair. This means you can download the .rar file fixer and try the .rar recovery software features for the recovery of data from corrupted files before purchasing it. The Demo version has some limitations, however. You can use it to view a list of files from the corrupted RAR archive, but you can't save them to the hard drive. So, you can first make sure that Recovery Toolbox for RAR works well and then purchase it for complete use.
Recovery Toolbox for RAR is compatible with Windows 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and 10.
Requirements: Windows 98 or above